Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Relief from the Lord

A few weeks ago I found out I have breast cancer for the second time.

I woke up in the middle of the night and started writing. This is what I wrote:

My Lord is not just leaking out of me. I feel Him flowing. He is pouring out of me so fast that I no longer am me. He stands in my shoes and I am a mere observer of my own life. When my arms reach out to hug someone, they are not my arms, but His that pull that person in close. And the love that I feel in my heart is so full and large that I feel as if it will burst open at any moment. It is His love and compassion that flows through this temperal body.

I feel my own weakness and His strength all at the same time. It truely is a delight to have this opportunity. But at the same time a thing that I am unable to share with anyone because it is so easily misunderstood. I guess I will sit back and discover You, Lord. More of You!

2 comments:

Bill Heroman said...

I'm told that everything we face may be seen merely as another opportunity to know the Lord...

and when you share about it like that, it's truly impressive.

thanks, Kim... and thanks, Lord, for Kim.

Sarah said...

Lord, I love you in my sister.