Monday, November 14, 2005

Every Moment



Well, Nick left yesterday. We had a full weekend. Four meetings, one sister's meeting, one brother's meeting, lunch at Mijo's (a resturant near by), dinner at the Heroman's (also where the babysitting was), and a truck ride around the neighborhood. We spent alot of time together. It was fun!

At one point during the weekend I was crying these big black mascara tears, and Ev reached out with a tissue and gently wiped my tears away. Not just one wipe... One wipe under each eye, and then one long wipe along my jawline where tears were waiting to fall to my lap. I felt like my Lord had just wiped my tears away. And He did through my brother, Ev. And then, as if that wasn't enough, Russell put words to my feelings. He saw the Father wiping my tears.

I wasn't sad. I was overwhelmed. I was the cup full to the brim and overflowing. I couldn't hold anymore, so out of my eyes He flowed. There was more of Him in me and around me than I could contain. I was that clay vessel filled with Him and surrounded by Him all at the same time.

I know these are just words on a screen. But it wasn't at that moment. That moment I lived Him. One of those moments that you never want to end, but if it doesn't you know you'll expire. It's too much and not enough at the same time. That moment was Him. He is every moment. The only difference was... I was aware of Him in me.






3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lost in the name of the Lord, discovering together.

So rich.

What a priviledge.

Love the snaps!!!!

Goody said...

Basking in his name, in us! Thanks for the great pics. I luff you KIM!

Jada's Gigi said...

thanks for the pix, Kim. so glad your weekend with NIck was good...don't tell him I said so but he looks pretty rough in that pic of him...hahahah