Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Round One Finished

Yesterday was the last of round one chemo. I'm so glad to not be hooked to that machine and free to move about as I will. Although the moving is very cautious because of the queezy stomach and swimming head I'm left with. Yet I feel so free. I have a whole 21 days before I have to do it again. They tell me that my hair will start to fall out in about 6 to 10 days. I'm not looking forward to that bit.

This weekend when the church was meeting, they called me and sang to me. I loved it. I didn't want them to stop. It was almost like being there with them. After they hung up I thought maybe this is how Jesus felt to be on this earth and have communication with His Father. Normally I am with the church and talking and singing and sharing with them. Looking at all their faces and spending time together. Now that has all gone aside for a time. I don't feel totally cut off, because they come around some. But... it's not the same.

My beautiful sister-in-law, Annette, has had her hair cut off. She wanted to give me her ponytail so that I could hang it out of the back of a hat. She loves me so much! I can't believe she cut her beautiful hair for me!! She told me that she sat there telling the hairstylist how special I am. I'm thinking she's the one that is so special!! I can't help but love this woman who loves me so much! It has to be the Lord flowing from her to me and back again. That's the only way to explain it. It's just like the Father loving His Son and pouring all of His love into Him. And then the Son loving His Father so much that He takes all of the love that His Father has poured into Him and pours it back into His Father again. And so goes the divine relationship. I feel like a part of that relationship. It's like all that I am is in Him and I can do nothing but what He wills. It's quite a wonderful feeling!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Loving you.
Loving Annette.
Loving Him.

Goody said...

I am think-praying every day for you Kim. I hope you get over this flu-ish feeling. See you Tuesday!
The sisters met today before the evening meeting. It was good to be with such a large group of sisters. They treated us so lovingly and served us delicious meals. Loving you,

Jada's Gigi said...

So glad this round is over! Praying for you daily!

Anonymous said...

I LOST YOUR ADDRESS FOR A TIME, BUT
HAVE NOT MISSED A DAY WITHOUT YOU IN
MY PRAYERS, AND IF YOU THINK IT'S
ROUGH AT FORTY, TRY IT AT 74...
YOU ARE SUCH AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO
ME, FOR THAT I THANK YOU: THIS ISN'T ORIGINAL BUT IT'S APPROPRIATE
MAY THE LORD BLESS AND PROTECT YOU, MAY THE LORDS FACE RADIATE WITH JOY BECAUSE OF YOU, SHOW YOU HIS FAVOR AND GIVE YOU HIS PEACE

GOD IS ALWAYS IN CHARGE