Monday, November 07, 2005

Is that a nest on your head?






Okay, I'm back.

Since I've been away I have had surgery to implant my port. That's the thing they put the chemo in. It's kind of like an IV under the skin going directly to my heart. I feel bad because I'm realizing that I have scared everyone off. I said some things about liking to be left alone when I don't feel well and everyone is very skitish about coming around. Please don't leave me. Do what comes to you to do.

This came to my attention when I had my surgery. I woke up in recovery and no one was there. I hurt and had no one to help me. And then a nurse asked me, but she didn't understand me. So I continued to hurt. The Lord was letting me know not to put restrictions on this. So, I am saying right now..... I love what you do for me, no matter when or where. I love you loving me.

This past saturday Annette, Sheila, and Sylvia and I went to the wig shop. We tried on all the hats and fingered all the wigs (some of us more than others). Tried to match our hair to samples that they had. Tried on wigs (some of us more than others), and waited a very long time for our turn. We laughed and giggled, snapped some photos of each other. And later in the car, had hair puns. Not hair pins. PUNS. Tee Hee. (Oh, you had to be there)

My dear brother and sister-in-law (but in reality my sister), my lovely mom and dad, and my sweet Gramie, bought a wig for me. Now I don't have to be a baldy except when I'm in the mood be a baldy. These days I'm feeling quite spoiled. But I have yet to start my chemo. I go wednesday to see my onchologist. I guess he will let me know when I will start.

Here are some photos of the wig trip. And one of me with my new wig on.

6 comments:

lkj said...

Happy Birthday to my dear sweet aunt! See you when we get back.

Goody said...

Happy Birthday Dear Kim!! Hope you had a perfectly chirper of a day! Have a nice cup of Nestles chocolate before you go to bed. I love you! Love the pictures.

Sarah said...

I LOVE those pictures!
You deserve to be spoiled!!!!!!

Jada's Gigi said...

YOu look adorable in that wig! And apparently you had a birthday....Happy Happy! :)

Kim said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Deborah Fantasia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.